Saturday, August 24, 2013

Mod Podge + Paint = Awesome





So this started out as an experiment. I feel like I have tons of glass bowls and vases and dishes in the house that I want to do something with. But I don't want it to be complicated or expensive. So I looked at what I had in the house and I found a lot of acrylic paint and Mod Podge and thought "What if I can mix this together and paint with it?" So the picture below is me trying it out. As you can see it was kind of thin and as it dried it got more transparent. So I decided to do 3 coats. Since it worked out pretty nicely, I took pictures of the rest of the process.



 Here's the proportion of the paint to Mod Podge. You really don't need a whole lot. Just make sure it's mixed well.

There's not a whole lot to it! Just mix, then paint it on the glass however you'd like. Add as many coats as you want until the transparency of the color is where you want it. Just make sure to wait 5 or 10 minutes between painting each coat or else it'll get all gloppy on you.

I think this will be perfect to put candy corns in come Halloween. I'm pretty excited about it :)

P.S. I haven't tried washing it yet so if you do, proceed carefully. I'm not sure if it will peel or not. In fact I've been thinking about adding another coat of Mod Podge on top just in case.





No comments:

Post a Comment